Thursday, October 16, 2008

I want to live an Awesome Life




I was reminded of a song which I wrote when I was a young Christian. In fact, it was the first song that I've ever written. I never quite manage to complete the chorus part because I simply couldn't find the correct words to describe how God is to me in my life, even till now... It is a song written in simple faith but extremely difficult to sing because it is so tough to live out the lyrics. The main part of this song is 'I ask God to take away my life but God told me to live and testify.' I'm deeply reminded today (after the incident) that God has a purpose in my life - To live and testify.

I want to live an awesome life

It's not just a happy life
But a Holy life (x2)

I ask God to take away my life
But God told me to live and testify
O.. testify

God the everlasting God
God the one who never fails
God our Father, King and Lord
Our God

1 comment:

Jonah Lim said...

Nice song.

Wonder if the words below are appropriate...

God the one who gives me life
He's the one who strengthens me
Leading me to walk the path
As a testimony

To live and testify I will
To witness his love
And amazing grace
To let the world know Jesus Christ
My Lord.