Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wedding Vow

"I take you, Jocelyn as my wife, to have, and to hold, from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do us part. "

In Jocelyn's previous entry, she wrote about her unfortunate incident where she hurt her pinky finger and then her face went swollen for a week due to unknown allergy.

It was really a worrying period for the both of us. Day after day, I couldn't bear to see the sad look on her swollen face. Then there was this worry that the swell might not go at all. To lighten the situation, we joked that her swollen face was a preview of how Jocelyn will look like when she gains weight in the future.

Now as I look back, I really want to thank God for allowing the incident to happen. One thing that constantly came to my mind during that time was the wedding vow we made on our wedding day - "I take you, Jocelyn as my wife, to have, and to hold, from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do us part. " Beyond Jocelyn's swollen face, I saw the most beautiful side of her. I was reminded that she is the one I truly love whether it is for better or for worse, whether in sickness or in health. I felt that God has affirmed me that I am ready to take care of Jocelyn for the rest of our lives. The incident has also taught me the importance of praying for one another as husband and wife.

Thank God for your valuable lesson. Hallelujah!

No comments: